Image Map

One month in Miami

14 May 2014




Really!?! one month?!?!?! Time does really flies!
I can say we are settled now, the apartment is organized, pictures are hanged, no more boxes, kids are enrolled in the daycare, I am working... life is getting closer to normal life again...

How do I like it?! I like it...
Do I love it??? not yet...
Do I hate it??? not at all!!!

I do see a lot of potential, but everything is different.... really different... for good and for worse

People here are mostly really friendly, like EVERYONE!  people actually talk to you on the elevator, supermarket lines, etc... I still get scared when someone walks in the elevator and wishes me a good day... I need to learn to be nice too... because now I just walk in quiet, as I have been doing for the past10 years...

Everyone here speaks spanish, and they assume you speak spanish too... I really need to learn it, I am embarrassed that Enzo can communicate better than I here.

Boy it is HOT! it's amazingly hot! and it's also annoyingly hot.... Oh! And humid!!  my hair will never be the same! If you know what I mean...

But hot it's mostly great. Enzo is loving it, it took him some time to get used to wear short sleeves  again, most of his life he wore long sleeves, I don't blame him for find the short ones weird...
We also love that we can go to the pool all year around, he gets home from school, and first thing he asks is to go to the pool...

He also adjusted very easy to the new school, the teachers there are super friendly and the school is very cute, it was way easier than I thought. Eric, well, I don't think he has much clue of what is going on... but, he also adjusted easily, never cried there, we always find him happy when we pick him up.

After 4 weeks, I know how to go to work, to the daycare, and to the supermarket without a GPS. every other place I need the GPS on... a few people have asked me for directions on the street lol... I was more lost then them!

Talking about going to work, I CAN WALK TO WORK! so amazingly close! priceless! I am loving this, so convenient. I know this won't take long because I will not live in Brickell when the kids are older, but I am certainly enjoying it now...  I start working at 9, if I leave my house at 8:45 and I can make it on time... again, this is priceless!

I do miss NY though, specially my folks... I don't like seeing them on FaceTime, makes me sad... but when I get home from work and I see my boys face, Enzo telling me how this is his favorite house, deep in my heart I know this was the best decision...

I am happy wherever they are happy












1 comment: